Summer Gansu Support Group Program - Application & Requirements
AHI Summer Gansu Support Group Program are available to all active volunteers. Volunteers are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as space is limited and all groups are filled on a combination of first come first serve basis and a selection committee.
- be actively participating in AHI project groups
- have demonstrated dedication and continued commitment to the AHI mission
More questions about eligibility? Contact us!
Applications will be accepted starting on April 10th. Students should apply early as possible to reserve their spot on the program. More information about our waitlist policy is also available. The final application deadline is April 29th at midnight.
After the completed application has been submitted, volunteers will be contacted within two weeks if they are selected for an interview. If a volunteer is selected for the program following the interview, the following forms will be required:
- Signed and dated Volunteer Conduct Agreement form
- Signed and dated Waiver of Liability form
Email the completed application form attached at the bottom of this page to email@example.com. Each volunteer that would like to join the program needs to submit his or her own application. For people who would like to request for the same group as other people, each person must submit an application. AHI will do its best to accommodate everyone's request.
As you are making your decision to take part in the Support Group Program, keep in mind that volunteers applying to the program should be...
- prepared to embark on a volunteer program, not on a summer vacation
- reasonable in their expectations, and thus aware of cultural differences especially in regards to living accommodations, customs, and foods.
- able to handle difficult volunteer work in an unfamiliar setting
- flexible in their attitudes and expectations; willing to accept change
- physically, emotionally, and socially able to handle the change in environment
- flexible in dietary requirements
- able to make a budget and stick to it
- aware that the highest standards of personal conduct are both expected and enforced
Once you are done, download the application below: